Guest speakers of 2013
- October: Margarita Rosenfeld from incite international and yes! circle
- November: Jen Fay from inova health system (conscious breathing, laughing meditation, positive psychology)
- January: Janice cairns on postive changes to prevent procrastination
- February : Woo Yun from body and brain (yoga and energy meditation)
TJ's Annual Science and Techstravaganza
We had a module and booth at TJHSST's annual Science and Techstravaganza and were part of the program for the Children's Science Center. We contributed materials for the organization. Their press even came by and recorded one of our sessions. The picture shows President/Founder Zach Hosseinipour (center) explaining Mind Body Medicine to an audience of Elementary and Middle School children and their parents.
Stress Less, Laugh More Week
We were part of Stress Less, Laugh More week, an initiative to keep low stress during AP week.
Discuss a variety of topics in our meetings
- Read through an article "Does Meditation Make you Smarter"
- Discussed meditation and intelligence (got into a little bit of science)
- Watched David Burnham Story online